Monday, August 23, 2010

1st Leg

  Hello all,  Alright 1st real attempt at blogging so bear with me.  We are in Portland, Ore. and it's my firstborn's (Marissa) birthday!   So 32 years ago I became a dad, and that has been a tremendous journey.  For whatever reason I've been blessed with incredible luck in my life.  So now I am embarking on another journey, making my way in Cambodia and hoping luck continues to be by my side.

  There are those particular points in one's life when a decision is made and it influences greatly what comes after.  This surely feels like one of those points. The past 3 weeks have been great fun tinged with sadness as final preparations were completed.  We have such wonderful friends and family we said goodbye to.  And everyone has been so kind and generous with their goodbye wishes.  A deep heartfelt thanks to all.


 
  Portland is a great city, so walkable and each neighborhood has a different flavor to it.  All kinds of folks here, including a healthy dose of hipsters.  Lots of happenings around town also.  And no lack of good food and drink.  Portland is well known for their street food (carts).  Ate the most delicious dumplings and a gyro that hit the spot.  And there are so many different restaurants to choose from.  The local micro brews are many and tasty as well as the Oregon wines.  We haven't checked out any music yet but I know the venues are many.  It would be great to live here some day but for now my mind is on other matters.



  I am so much looking forward to the coming experience in Cambodia.  I have my expectations yet I know that for the most part they will most likely not match the reality to come.  And I hope to be writing about those experiences.   Bye for now, Steve

3 comments:

Jess said...

I'm so glad you've posted something, fellow blogger. I look forward to more...

Corky said...

I don't think I have told you yet how much I love to read your blogs, though it makes me miss you all the more (is that good English??). Keep writing, I'll keep reading and missing you...xo

Steve said...

Hi Cork, Miss you much also, I know that's not good English, ha ha. I'm happy you like our writings. Thanks for commenting, it encourages our writing more. Take care